Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I was thinking of the Kings Head Pub

In St Augustine. The Kings Head is a nice little place just up the US-1 from the Grumman works, by the airport. They have British beers and Ales and Pub food that is the same quality as in the UK.


Brings back a memory of a time in Brighton, England. We spent a weekend at a bed and breakfast (I don't really care for those places, but whatever) near the famous pier and had a grand evening.

The next morning we were hiking around and noticed the "Queens Head" pub and thought we might go in.


Some dude with a mustache, smoking a cigar and wearing a white frock greeted us at the door.

Too much, too early! Not ready for Freddy...

Grand times, indeed.

Today, I had to spend the morning at Nas Jax, helping movers bring a sailboat mast back to the Barco Manor. $250.00 bucks later, it is safe in the back yard.

I wonder if this is a omen of future occurrences?

The chase vehicle photo of the mast stowed in the moving truck, passing through the NAS Jacksonville main gate.


I gave the nice movers a 20 dollar tip. So Phil will owe me $270.00. Your mast is now a hostage.

The nice reader might ask about the stair machine, and whether I have forgotten all about the tonnage reduction plan?

Most exercise machines are merely road blocks that keep bumping ourselves as we head to the fridge for a fudgesicle. But not at the Serengetti Spa and Veldt Lounge!

Over the past two weeks I have lost a half inch off the waist and about four pounds. I exercise about twice a day on average, not including the morning walk.

So there.

Have a fine tuesday.

2 comments:

USA_Admiral said...

I hope your Tuesday is wonderful as well.

I agree with you, Charlie Crist sucks. Anyone but him for senate. I am researching Marco Rubio.

Looks like the tropics may be heating up too.

Buck said...

Over the past two weeks I have lost a half inch off the waist and about four pounds. I exercise about twice a day on average, not including the morning walk.

Well... GOOD On Ya!! I'm still trying to put it on, with much less success. We shall persevere...

re: The Queens Head... LOL! Yep, too much. :D