Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mission Tasking

Off and running! Like a herd of turtles...

Big road trip begins in 20 hours, we shall make way to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for to see family and an early autumn.

I suspect there will be fun to be had with Brother in Law in the Keweenaw, apparently there will be fishing and camping. We will be bringing jackets because we know it will be freezing, compared with the tropical temperatures of Florida.

The photographs and commentary will be a bit sparse at first, since I think the internet at Mohawk is dial up only. The horror...

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Jacksonville,+FL+32210&daddr=Mohawk,+MI&hl=en&sll=47.298034,-88.372564&sspn=0.034634,0.090551&geocode=Fdn_zQEdov0g-ynF7-a_ZbjliDGzbs578cozSA%3BFYPM0QId36i7-ikpXL_nlqJQTTG89k3uIzf7HQ&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&z=5

Stay tuned for more Rock and Roll radio.

3 comments:

Buck said...

Not to quibble, but I-65 as opposed to I-75? I know Google sez 65's an hour less travel time... but I'd MUCH rather transit Dee-troit than Chicago. I've done both, btw.

Takin' the roadster?

Ken n Cheryl said...

Camping and fishing in autumn weather ... nice! Enjoy!

Barco Sin Vela II said...

Buck,

My Brother is a long distance truck driver and this is the route he recommended. We will most likely leave Michigan via I-75 after a brief stop in Detroit to see more cousins. I swear I am related to half of Michigan! The problem with I-75 to Mohawk is you have hundreds of miles of 2 lane highways once you get up to the UP. We will be essentially going up the West side of Lake Michigan and then down the East side with stops in Traverse City and Holland.

SWWBO