Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Shall we move to Belize?

Joke question, but really?

Some blue water along with warm breezes would sure be nice. We have the good weather here in North Florida today and I have the islands and faraway places firmly in mind.

Jerry Jeff Walker has been in heavy rotation on my square music thingy (much to the chagrin of the Spousal Unit) but that's because I have always returned to the country/rock/reggae for the way that particular brand of music brings back memories of pretty places with nicer people. Especially those particular harbors I visited with She Who Will Be Obeyed.



Belize gets a regular dose of hurricane coverage, though. Darn it. I dislike bad weather of any kind and I guess places like Belize will only be visited with short vacations. Only the rich and homeless get to migrate like birds to warm weather.

Free beer, tomorrow!

3 comments:

Buck said...

Best line in the song: "Happy men want what they got."

I like Jerry Jeff a lot.

Barco Sin Vela II said...

Coolest song, that's for sure. I think if I can pull it off, I will endeavor to visit this Belize, preferably on a boat with a couple good friends.



Buck said...

Apropos o' not much, I have a friend in Dee-troit that goes down to Belize every other year or so. He's a SCUBA-holic and sez there's NO finer diving to be had on the planet than what's in Belize. He'll rave for hours if you get him started.