Busy week was had. The Spousal Unit had two family members visit last week, very nice! The 60 foot oak tree on the side of our house decided to come crashing down on our neighbor's property... Yikes! Thankfully, it was raining heavily and no children were playing where the tree struck--a spot two feet from their trampoline and ten feet from their pool!
No real damage, our fence needed to have a new section put in and the tree (and accompanying mess) was cut up by our yard feller, Jerry. The tree now resides in a hundred pieces stacked nicely in the side yard. I will let it season and dry before I rent a log splitter to make smaller and more usefully sized chunks for barbecuing. Helps to make lemonade when we are given lemons.
Went to a retirement ceremony at NAS Jax. The Flag Aide to the local Admiral finished up 26 years of service. He got the Navy Band for his doo, it was nice and properly done on Friday morning. There was a party to celebrate the retirement which was held at the Yacht Club later on in the evening. I closed that down, oh yessiree! Good time was had by all.
Other than that which I have described, we are making like hamsters on the wheel, running fast but getting no where.
This morning, I will be at the Barco and shall bring her to Sadler Point Marina for a yard period. Possibly a bottom paint job but more likely just having a cleaning of the undersides with a treatment being applied chemically to the running gear to prevent barnacle infestation of the props and shafts.
Break Out Another Thousand! (B.O.A.T.) I'm glad to be able to enjoy these challenges!
Please to have a good week, all of you.
The Port side engine decided not to start. I tried wiggling wires, tapping the solenoid and even using a large screwdriver to jump the posts.... Nothing. And it was almost 0900, the appointed time of our haul out!
Unhooked from the dock and decided to do it on single engine which sounded like a good thing to do (Much cheaper to get repairs done at the facility) and the tides seemed to be slack. It was a quick process to enter the Ortega river and the Marina had three people at the hauling berth to help me maneuver into place. I got the boat in the dock with a minimum of control input and actually got the boat stopped (straight!) with the one engine. I looked like a pro to the maintainers who were about to haul and block the boat!
The undersides looked really clean so the only work to be done is to strip the shaft and props to yellow metal and seal them with a patented chemical which preserves the shafts and prop from barnacles and slime attachment . Allegedly.
We will need the starter specialist to go through the port side starter system and also check the alternator and battery charger output system, too.
I'm sure the bill will be two and a half B.O.A.T. units. At least the targeted relaunch date is this Friday, just in time for the weekend.
See you all later!