Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Since we are heading into Spring...

My thoughts return to The Keys and boating.

I was going through the camera and found this gem from the mens room of a great bar in Key West. The wall is fading but the words are still readable.

The first time I saw this bit of graffiti was in April of 1990, we had a two helo det to Key West and I naturally made my way to Duval Street every evening for refreshment.

Extra Credit for the reader who knows the name of the Bar and the song it inspired.



Lots of photos from the weekend sailing. I will collate them and post later.

****UPDATE****

Here is the answer. A great song from 1985

2 comments:

Buck said...

Well... Google is my friend. It's a song by Buffett (and I'd never have known that, since I'm not a parrothead) and one commenter at the first place I landed sez the bar is Captain Tony's. It's been 12 years since I've been in Key West and I don't remember a bar by that name... but they all tend to run together when you're hittin' a couple of 'em a night for two solid weeks. ;-)

Barco Sin Vela II said...

Yep, Capt Tony's.

It is a half block off Duval Street and has a tree growing in the middle of the bar.

Very reasonable beer prices and great music.