Saturday, June 18, 2011

Here is a cool memory;

We had just moved to London in September 95, and we happened to be watching the London Sky Cable, which showed NBC from New York. This particular version of The Tonight show came on at 5:30 in the late afternoon, sometime in October. So we finished dinner and switched on the Tonight Show and were pleasantly surprised by this very performance.

Didn't even know Jimmy had put out a new CD, so we went right out and bought this at the Virgin Record shop in Piccadilly. "Barometer Soup" became our theme CD for the rest of our stay in London. I really love the first two songs. And the last one, "Mexico".

Great memories. Let's all go and make some new ones, ok?



I can't resist putting this one up, too.



I took this at our weekend at Long Key, Florida

2 comments:

Buck said...

I'm not a Parrothead but that's a fine cover of "Mexico." Worthy.

I'd be hard-pressed to name just one theme album for my London days... but Mark Knopfler played on a LOT of 'em.

Barco Sin Vela II said...

Hey Buck; I like the Knotting Hillbillies, too.