Monday, December 26, 2011

Boxing Day report

I have been accomplishing, today.

Up at 0600 with a fresh X-Mas hangover,  I prepared Bacon sammiches for the Spouse and myself along with coffee. Actually, I cooked bacon for the complaining cats and was able to save enough leftovers for a wee sammich for the two humans.

I bashed about on the radio controller, took it apart and restored it with no appreciable change. I will contact a twelve year old, tomorrow. Expert help shall be required before I destroy my model helo.

We got this from here.


Eleven o'clock, I was underway for the Mom's house. She has some issues with the garage door and her back fence. Nothing was done with the door, way out of my minimal skill set. So I went into the back yard and dug two post holes, placed fence posts in said holes and repaired fence. The fence no longer resides in a 45 degree angle but is in the upright position. I nailed the fence to the new posts using metal plates. Not too professional of a job but it would be proudly displayed in Nigeria or Kenya. This was the first time I had ever used a post hole digger or repaired a fence.

Woo.

Even Mom had a diagonal scrunch in her face as she inspected my work from the house.  'Free' is a nebulous term and my work was worth exactly what she paid. Hope it works for a while!

There are grand leftover foods for us to sup on later; Have a nice Boxing Day!

2 comments:

Buck said...

You are VERY good to your kittehs. AND your Mom. Both are indicators of a worthwhile person, Darryl.

Barco Sin Vela II said...

Thanks, Buck. But don't let any of this fool you; The first person to the blackboard gets to tell the true story.

Word.