Friday, January 18, 2013

Not too much to report.

As the title succinctly describes, we are bereft of any ideas to bloviate about. Glad we are at Friday, I just wish we could have made some plans to occupy our three day weekend. She Who WIll Be Obeyed  has a meeting in the State Capitol on Tuesday and Wednesday which got scheduled yesterday.
Darn it! If we had a few days notice we could have rented a beach house at St George island for the next five days and had a good time.

It's all good, the weather has taken a decidedly colder turn last night and we had some other pressing financial issues earlier this week which renders the frivolous spending of a thousand bucks on a rental quite moot. We could, but won't.

Tonight we do the Yacht Club and take the weekend as it unfolds. Perhaps a boat trip, maybe a bicycle trip. Either way we have a good time because it is what we do™.  Plus, this weekend marks 23 years of  unbridled fun and happiness since this weekend was when the two of us met in Pensacola.

Ha!

There is a new reader in Fort Lauderdale; A particularly nice young lady who is a member of the Little Ship Club of London, and is keenly interested in sailing boats and all that. I will provide links for her to read a bit about some other members of that club who joined us on a trip across the Atlantic.

http://maogwaicat.blogspot.com/2009/11/wildebeest-wildly-wends-way-westward.html

http://maogwaicat.blogspot.com/2009/12/underway-in-atlantic-day-two-thru-four.html

http://maogwaicat.blogspot.com/2009/12/atlantic-crossing-days-four-through-six_07.html

As for everyone else; Class dismissed, have a fine (and safe!) holiday weekend.

Back Then.

Mo' recent

Panama Canal Edition.
Update:
Just realized that I shouldn't leave people hanging tied to a sea anchor in the middle of the Atlantic. Here are some more links to old posts;

First Morning on Sea-Anchor

Off and running like a herd of turtles.

Two hours on; Four hours off

The Weather is Here, I Wish You Were Beautiful.

What does a person do when bored?

2 comments:

Buck said...

The Weather is Here, I Wish You Were Beautiful.

Ah, but the both o' you are beautiful... then and now.

Barco Sin Vela II said...

Thanks, Buck. All I need is to lose the glasses...