Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Drawn Cutlass

I was looking at The Drawn Cutlass Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Ernest Hemingway Movie In Planning

"Damn, wonder who'll they'll get to play him?"

I was thinking this guy and his cat:


http://www.hemingwayhome.com/HTML/main_menu.html

Be sure to stop by Hemingway's home in Key West. I love the six toed cats and the airiness of the house. Plus, the Green Parrot is just blocks away!

Green Parrot Bar
Did I ever mention that Joe Bones tossed a live chicken into the Green Parrot like a grenade? He tells me the chicken started running on people's heads and in the pandemonium, Joe and his Mates escaped before having their asses handed to them!.

I prefer to just sit and drink. My hell raisin' days are looong gone.

By the way; Key West takes their free range chickens, serious.

Man, I feel as itchy as an Allmann Brother in 1969!

4 comments:

Buck said...

I've been to both named places in Key West... but do NOT have fond memories. The Second Mrs. Pennington chose our vacation time in Key West in 1998 to inform me she wanted out. Why the Hell she couldn't have told me in NY and saved us a couple of thousand bucks on what turned out to be the WORST vacation of my life is beyond me, but tis another story, that.

Barco Sin Vela II said...

Ouch.

Key West is fun, but I really prefer places like St Augustine or Cedar Key. They are closer and very affordable. (Plus, less of the Rated R silliness)

Liz said...

Barco,

I have hopped over from Buck's Place via Alison's The Lollipop tree to introduce myself.

Actually to maybe introduce my brother, who lives and cruises the eastern coastal waters - also on a Trawler: Able Slave.

I KNOW, it is a BIG ocean, but he is currently tied up in Miami, headed north in the spring/summer...he acts as a project manager/consultant for marina "developments". His trawler is a custom made from England - old, gorgeous in the water. If you happen to tie up near him sometime, remind him he has a sister :) ! He will roll his eyes and feign ignorance. He travels with Kristie who I also love and Chloe their beagle.

I've been to Sloppy Joes, but not the other environs you mention. Loved Key West 20 years ago.

Barco Sin Vela II said...

Ann,
Thanks for stopping by.

We do most of our boating in North Florida, nowadays. We like to visit Elliot Key when in Miami. (There is nothing there. Just fish)

Ask your brother about St Augustine, I am sure he has stopped by. The City Marina is a great roosting spot, within walking distance of everything!

A boater could spend a lifetime in Florida and never stay at the same place. Prolly the same with RVing.

All the best!